I have a pleasure to invite you to the 8-week ONLINE Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) Course. This is the most recognized and established mindfulness course based on Jon Kabat-Zinn’s Mindfulness for Stress Reduction Program.
REPORTED AND SCIENTIFICALY PROVEN BENEFITS OF THIS COURSE:
- Improves sleeping quality;
- Increases connection and enjoyment of life;
- Enhances self-insight and intuition;
- Brings clarity;
- Improves ability to focus attention and to concentrate;
- Activates ability to love and experience emotions without tension;
- Activates our ability to love and to experience emotions without tension;
- Helps to overcome self-judgement;
- Improves well-being and reduces psychological distress.
- Decreases emotional reactivity;
- Reduces internal dialog and negative thoughts;
- Improves ability to focus attention and to concentrate;
- Reduces fear;
- Improves memory and performance at work;
- Helps people to cope better with stress, depression and anxiety;
- Increases immune functioning.
ABOUT THIS COURSE:
This mindfulness course combines the most effective mindfulness techniques. Each session includes guided meditation practices, teachings, group discussions and practical exercises led by the instructor, in a friendly and warm atmosphere, with a maximum group size of 10 people.
This is live, interactive course, not recorded sessions to download. Instead of travelling to an external location once a week you can connect through the Zoom from a comfort of your home, for 2,5 hours once a week over a period of 8 weeks.
The course is offered from a certified and experienced Mindfulness Teacher Monika Marek.
- A variety of guided meditations and practices focusing on breath and body for being aware of your experience in the present moment;
- Non-judgment, patience, trust, non-striving, acceptance, letting go, self- compassion and kindness;
- Strategies to manage and reduce the level of stress and anxiety, deeper knowledge about the origin of stress and its mechanisms, how our brain works when we are stressed, different levels of stress indicators;
- Strategies helping with suffering and pain;
- Deeper knowledge about how the mind works, how to manage our internal dialog and excessive negative thoughts;
- Anatomy of emotions, it’s role and the emotional regulation systems;
- How to cultivate compassion and kindness;
- How to establish a regular home practice;
- How to bring awareness in your everyday life and live happily and consciously, making every day a step towards the internal freedom.
- A detailed electronic version of the course manual, which will cover the theory of each session and provide details of the home practice;
- Downloadable guided meditations for the home practice;
- The course teacher is available for any urgent questions that come up between the sessions.
WHO CAN ATTEND?
This course is suitable for beginners, as well as those wishing to renew or refresh their practice and also for more experienced meditation practitioners. It is suitable for those of all faiths and none.
PROPOSED COMMITMENT AND HOME PRACTICES:
For this course to be effective its recommended to commit to attend all eight sessions and to do a minimum of 30-40 min daily practices at home each week. Creating a stable and strong practice of mindfulness is a habit that needs regular, ideally daily practice.
If you know ahead of time that you cannot make a session then please discuss it with your teacher so that you can understand the content of the missed session.
Mindfulness is experiential, its benefits come through practice, not through intellectually reading or learning about it. To support your home practice, in the beginning of the course I will email to you an extensive Participants Handbook and each week you will be sent that week’s practice as an mp3 file.
Home practice includes:
- Listening and practicing together with the mp3’s;
- Reflecting and making notes about your experience;
- Practicing some informal practices during your day.
My name is Monika Marek and I am accredited as a Qualified Mindfulness Teacher
I have an established meditation practice for the last 10 years. I started my meditation adventure in Tibet, Nepal and India. In a Kopan Monastery in Nepal I was studying Tibetan Buddhism and participated in a long meditation retreats. The following years I continued my daily meditation practice and participated in a variety of retreats. With time I deepened my knowledge on mindfulness and became a Qualified Mindfulness Teacher. Since a few years I am an instructor and trainer giving teachings and leading practices aiming at growth, personal development, healing and mindfulness. Recently I have developed the Inner Spark project as a platform to connect practitioners and traditions from around the world.
This training will be held on Zoom, a free-to-use app.
Access to a good internet connection;
A PC/Laptop/Macbook or Tablet. You can check the operating requirements of Zoom here: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362023-System-Requirements-for-PC-Mac-and-Linux
A webcam and microphone (you will probably be able to use the built – in camera and mic on your devices);
A private space where you can be undisturbed;
A prior interview is requested, usually by phone/zoom, to decide if this course is suitable for the applicant.
Other Options: 1-TO-1 8-week MBSR Course:
It is also possible to choose the Live Online 8-week MBSR course in a 1 to 1 setup.
This is a unique opportunity to go through the curriculum and practice together with the experienced teacher with personal support.
This is a useful setup for people who have an irregular schedule as the sessions can be planned to suit one’s individual needs.
For further information please contact Monika Marek: email@example.com